We publish an informative newsletter once a month (or fewer). Do you want to stay informed about Van Eck Video Services? Sign up here for our newsletter.
- Everything in-house
- Unique number per film
- Professional scanners
- Image enhancement and cleaning
Digitize 35mm films
This format (35mm film) is the most widely used format for high quality films (cinema films, documentaries etc.).
Because this format of film contains a great deal of information, we recommend having it scanned at a resolution of 4K.
Types of 35mm film
- 35mm – no sound
- 35mm optical sound
- 35mm magnetic sound
All prices are including 21% VAT and subject to change.
|Number of minutes (price per minute)||4K|
|less then 120||€ 12,00|
|Setup costs for equipment – changing films (per order)||€ 12,50|
|Coil change (per supplied coil 35mm)||€ 13,50|
|Transfer sound (per minute)||€ 0,35|
|Image correction colour and clarity (per minute)||€ 0,75|
|Coding files in professional codec (e.g. Prores 422 HQ) (per minute)||€ 0,25|
|Video editing (per man hour)||€ 50,00|
|Put on media carier||Price|
|USB / hard disk / SSD
You can supply them yourself also.
When digitizing your films, you can also opt for image improvements. This corrects the images for brightness, image stabilization, colors, sharpness, noise, dirt and stains. Making the result more beautiful. See the example scans below for examples. We charge a subcharge of €0,75 per minute.
If the films to be scanned have stains caused by moulds, we can specially clean the films. With our mould cleaning machine we can remove between 85% and 100% of the stains from the films. See the example scans below for examples. We charge a subcharge of €2,25 per minute.
Difference HD/SD with and without image enhancements
Preparing the films
- Every film gets an unique number.
- If absent, a film leader will be attached to the film.
- The films will be checked for bad welds. If there are any bad welds they will be repaired.
- If necessary the films will be cleaned with professional filmcleaner.
- We scan with the professional Blackmagic Cintel 35mm film scanner.
- Each frame will get a separate recording.
- We can handle all speeds of recorded films (for example 18 or 24 frames per second).
- Sound on the films is also digitized.
- After scanning and possibly applying image corrections, the films can be transferred to any format you want.
- We can transfer it as ready-made video files. These files can then be played directly on your computer, television, tablet, media player and smartphone.
- We can provide the video files in different video formats. For more information, see our codec page.
Frequently asked questions – 35mm film
Let us know via the contact form