Can I repair my film projector or slide projector myself?
It depends very much on your own dexterity.
If a projector has been idle for a long time, a repair often begins with:
- removing old fat
- apply new lubrication
- replacing strings
- lamp replacement
If you are somewhat handy, the above problems can often be solved yourself, with the right tools and parts.
This solves the problems in many cases. However, not always. Other common problems:
- the lamp base is defective
- gears are cracked and need to be replaced
- electronic components are defective. You can think of capacitors, diodes, resistors, ICs.
- the gripper adjustment is no longer correct
- the framework setting must be adjusted
- the cam / cam follower needs to be replaced.
For these problems it is often necessary to call in a professional.
For parts to order, see our
Tools for repairing film projectors and slide projectors
Maintenance products for cleaning and lubricating your film projector or slide projector
Addresses for maintenance and repair film and video equipment
- Corona Image Technology – Almere, https://www.coronabeeldtechniek.nl/projector-reparatie/ +31 (0)36 546 9565 email@example.com (all)
- Rotronica – Krimpen aan den IJssel, https://www.rotronica.nl/ phone: 0180-786005, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (all)
- Peter Groenenboom – Breukelen , https://www.groenenboommultimedia.nl/ (long delivery time, specialist Bauer and electronics) / +31 (0)346-830497
- Erik Snel – Drachten, E-mail: email@example.com, whatsapp: +31 (0) 6-52598299 (specialist Eumig and mechanical problems)
- Digital Super8 – Venray, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – repair of Elmo GS1200 and Bauer super8 projectors. Based on the intake, it is determined whether repair is possible or if necessary, a referral will be made.
- Electro Service Midden Brabant (Udenhout – North Brabant) : https://www.esmb.nl: Video, Camcorders, Tape recorders
- http://www.projectorheaven.com.au/ – Goldcoast – email@example.com phone: 04111 43338
- Joel Bleakley – Melbourne area – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ciao da Francesco E-mail: email@example.com (16mm, 35mm, 70mm film equipment)
- John White Projector Repair: http://www.the8mmshedshop.co.uk/
- John Capazzo – New Jersey USA – Phone: 973 923 0636 – Repairs Elmo, Eumig ans Sankyo
- Bill Phillips – 16mmprojector repair https://16mmprojectorrepair.com/ – Eiki, B&H, Hokushin, Long Island, NY.
- http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/ – Flin, MI, USA – B&H, EIKI, Elmo, Ringmaster
- Cinemartin https://en.cinemartin.org/ – Film projection – Repair – 16mm looper